- 1 Cup (230g) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 3.5 Cups (420g) Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (41g) Cocoa Powder
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) Heavy Cream or Milk
- 1/3 (80g) Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Instructions: In a mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, and milk. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then add the peanut butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until combined. Add 1/4 cup more confectioners’ sugar if frosting is too thin or another 1-2 Tablespoons of cream/milk if frosting is too thick. Taste. Add a spoonful of extra peanut butter or a pinch of salt if desired.
Quantity: This recipe is enough for 12-16 cupcakes, a thin layer on a 9×13 inch quarter sheet cake, or a 2 layer cake. For a 3 layer cake, I recommend 1.5x the recipe to ensure you have enough for each layer.