- 2-4 sweet potatoes, baked
- 1 TB Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 clove of Garlic, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, diced
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 2 TB fresh Rosemary
- 1 6oz. can of Tomato Paste
- Preheat oven to 400
- After baking the sweet potatoes, remove skins and mash them with a little salt and butter to taste.
- In a large skillet, cook the onion, salt, garlic, carrots. Cook until they start to soften.
- Add beef and cook until mostly cooked through.
- Add pepper, thyme, rosemary, tomato paste, and cook another minute or two.
- Pour meat and vegetable mixture into a casserole dish. Spread mashed sweet potatoes over the top.
- Bake until bubbly and heated through. Approx 15 min.
Note: You can use whatever vegetables you like. I also added green pepper, red pepper, squash, and zucchini. Some recipes I saw online used peas, celery, or even just used a can of mixed vegetables. You can also add some Worcestershire sauce, but that isn’t Paleo so I left it out.