1 Package Chicken Thighs
8 tsp. Salt, divided
1 lb. Small potatoes, Yukon Gold
5 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
¾ cup Heavy Cream
½ tsp. Black Pepper
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
8 sprigs Thyme
8 Sage Leaves
(Optional: 8oz. shallots, 2 cloves garlic)
Preheat oven to 425°F
1. Season chicken with 4 tsp. salt.
2. Melt 4 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until butter foams and starts to brown.
3. Remove from heat and add cream, nutmeg, pepper, and 1½ tsp. salt. Stir until dissolved then add the fresh thyme and sage.
4. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until golden then transfer to a baking dish.
5. Place potatoes around the chicken in an even layer. Pour the brown butter cream over the top.
6. Bake at until cream is mostly reduced and the chicken and potatoes are golden brown.
Chicken and Potato Gratin