- 1-2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, very finely chopped.
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place the potatoes into a large pot of salted water and set it over high heat. Bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain the potatoes into a colander and set aside
- Chop the spinach and set aside. (I use a food processor)
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the serrano pepper, cumin, garam masala, and turmeric to the skillet. Toast the spices for about 1 minute, until very fragrant.
Add the spinach and water to the skillet. Stir everything and cook until the spinach has fully wilted and most of the water has evaporated, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and bring to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the potato’s to the spinach sauce. Gently stir everything to distribute the potatoes. Taste again in case more salt is needed.