4 Banana’s, very ripe
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
1 3/4 cup Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
Bake at 350 for 45-60 min. Makes one loaf pan.
Paleo Banana Muffins
I have another recipe for banana muffins from Multiply Delicious, but it calls for A LOT of almond butter and almond flour. Both are expensive, so I tried to find a recipe that didnt call for the almond butter. I found this one from the Living Healthy with Chocolate blog, and they turned out great! They tasted just as moist as the other recipe.
- 1½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 bananas (I used apple bananas)
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 tbs butter, melted
- ⅓ cup raw pecans, chopped
- 2 tbs almond flour
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs butter
- preheat the oven at 350°F
- in a bowl mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt
- in a separate bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the honey, egg and melted butter
- pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine
- fold in chopped pecans
- spoon the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups
- mix together the almond flour, cinnamon and butter until mixture resemble coarse cornmeal and sprinkle over the top of each muffin
- bake for 17 minutes or until tops turn golden brown
Moroccan Smoothie: Banana & Avacado
|Photo: Paul Brissman|
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, from 1 medium orange
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
* I make this withough the yogurt and sugar, and add a little vanilla protein powder. It’s good either way 🙂 Also, when my brother was serving in the peace corps in Morocco he drank a very similar smoothie that also had dates in it. I’ve tried that too and it’s great!
The original recipe is from Marcus Samuelson and is found here.
Citrus Salad Dressing: Orange/Pineapple
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 T flour
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup orange juice
Mix sugar and flour together; add remaining ingredients and whisk. Microwave for 2 minutes. Whisk again, microwave for 2 minutes. Whisk again and check for thickness…if it coats the back of the spoon it’s ready. Whisk in 2T Apple Cider Vinegar & chill.
Serve over a salad of leafy lettuce (not iceberg), oranges, nuts, cut up banana slices and grapes…and anything else you like.
3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. bananas, or more (I use 5-6 bananas)
2 tsp. soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. water
1 c. oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
(Optional:) 1 c. nuts or chocolate chips
Mix the wet ingredients first, combined the flour, soda, salt separately. Added dry to wet. Use a wooden spoon and stir just until mixed. Stirred in nuts/chocolate chips last. Makes 2 large loaves of bread. Put in 2 greased and floured loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Super Easy Banana Pudding
1 regular pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tub of Cool Whip
1 can condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
2 cups milk
Combine 2 cups of milk and vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl and mix together well. Add in can of condensed milk and continue stirring. Fold in the whole tub of Cool Whip. Layer Vanilla Wafers and Bananas in a dish and pour mixture over it. Continue layering until dish is full. Refrigerate for a few hours then serve!
Dixie Castle Banana Pudding
3 cups sugar
2 Tbsp. vanilla
¾ gallon milk
¾ cup flour
In a double broiler, beat eggs and sugar. Add vanilla and milk. Mix well. Add flour, mixing well. Cook and stir until thickens (a little over an hour). Pour pudding over layered bananas and wafers. Continue to layer. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. (This recipe makes a lot! Reduce as desired).