- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 Tbsp. Garam Masala
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 Tb Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 1 can full-fat Coconut Milk (or sub 1 cup cream)
- fresh cilantro roughly, chopped
- steamed rice and naan, for serving
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
2. To the same pan, melt the butter. Add the garam masala, cumin, turmeric, and chili flakes. Stir until fragrant.
3. Add the tomato paste and incorporate it with the butter and spices. Stir for about a minute or so.
4. Add back in the chicken, 1 cup water, and the coconut milk. Stir to combine, bring the sauce to a simmer, cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
5. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the chicken and sauce over bowls of rice with fresh naan.
(This is a VERY modified version of this recipe from: Half Baked Harvest)