- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 tablespoons cold salted butter, shredded (just like cheese)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2-1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar to your taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Freeze the butter for 10-15 minutes, then shred on a box grater, just as you would cheese. Lightly separate, keep the butter COLD
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and toss with the flour. Add the buttermilk and egg. Mix until just combined, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Pat into a 1-inch thick round shape. Now cut the dough like pizza slices. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 20-22 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make the glaze. Warm the milk and butter in a small saucepan set over medium heat until steaming, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and powdered sugar, adding more to your taste.
6. Serve the scones warm, drizzle with the glaze.