1 cup organic chunky peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
The next time I make these I plan to add wheat germ and flax seeds. Any healthy add-in that you like would probably work. Also, honey would work in place of brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Add rolled oats and baking soda to creamed mixture, and mix well.
- Line 2 baking sheets with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 2-inch balls, and press to flatten on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the cookies turn slightly brown.
- Cool cookies on a rack, and store leftovers in an airtight container.