1 Package Chicken Thighs
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1 3/4 tsp. Cumin, divided
1 3/4 tsp. Paprika, divided
1 Red and Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
1 Tb. Ginger, chopped, fresh
1 tsp. Turmeric
1 cup White Rice
2 cups Vegetable Stock, or Chicken Broth
2 cups spinach, chopped
1. Cut up chicken thighs and sprinkle with salt, pepper, 1 tsp cumin, and 1 tsp. paprika.
2. Melt oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken and set on a plate. It does not need to be fully cooked yet.
3. Add chopped peppers, tomato, and ginger to the same skillet and sauté until softened.
4. Add uncooked rice, turmeric, and the remaining 3/4 tsp of cumin and 3/4 tsp of paprika to the pan of vegetables. Stir until spices coat the vegetables and rice.
6. Pour stock into the skillet. Add back the chicken. Cover and let simmer over medium-low heat for 20min.
7. Stir in the chopped spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.