2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
(Optional to add 1/2 tsp. garlic and onion powder)
For chicken pasta:
1 lb. chicken thighs
12 oz. gluten free pasta (this is my favorite brand)
14.5 oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup coconut cream (use heavy cream if you eat dairy)
(Optional to add diced onion)
1. Combine ingredients for the cajun seasoning in a large medium sized bowl. Cut the chicken thighs into small pieces and add to the bowl with the seasoning. Toss to coat.
2. Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. It does not have to be cooked through yet.
3. Add pasta, the whole can of fire roasted tomatoes, and the chicken broth.
4. Bring to boiling, then turn heat down to medium low and cover. Stir every few minutes and let simmer until pasta is done.
5. Add the coconut cream or heavy cream, stir until melted and combined.