- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/4 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tb + 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 4 Tb Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Tomato Taste
- 1 can full-fat Coconut Milk (or sub 1 cup cream)
- fresh cilantro roughly, chopped
- steamed rice and naan, for serving
1. In a bowl, toss together the chicken, yogurt, 2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, and 1 tsp salt. Let sit 5-10 minutes in the fridge.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes. Add 3 Tb butter, 1 Tb garam masala, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp turmeric, and the chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the chicken.
4. Reduce the heat to low. Add the tomato paste, 1 cup water and the coconut milk. Stir to combine, bring the sauce to a simmer, cook until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the chicken and sauce over bowls of rice with fresh naan. Enjoy!
(Recipe from: Half Baked Harvest)